- Strategy and Process Consulting
- Product Management
- Home and Community-Based Care Models
- Mobile Device Use in Healthcare
I am Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, for home and community-based care for Sutter Health, an integrated healthcare system based in Northern California. We provide home health, hospice, home medical equipment, home infusion pharmacy, flu and wellness clinics, and Advanced Illness Management services throughout Northern California. I also oversee Sutter SeniorCare PACE, a health plan serving Sacramento County seniors. PACE provides a broad array of coordinated health and social services to enable nursing home-eligible seniors to remain living at home and in the community.
Prior to this role, I held multiple leadership positions in healthcare IT, supporting the organization's patient care mission by delivering innovative technology solutions that support our clinicians in providing quality care, and with business systems that enable financial strength.
At Telecare, our IT team was honored by CIO Decisions Magazine
At Telecare, our IT team received a Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leader Award.
At Sutter Care at Home, our IT team received a CIO100 Award from CIO magazine.
At Sutter Care at Home, our IT team was recognized by CHIME as Innovator of the Year.
Story from Modern Healthcare magazine
- Developing Partnerships with For-Profit PACE, Home Care 100, Scottsdale, January 2019
- Cracking the Code for Managing the Health & Wellness of an Aging Population (panel), Agetech West, San Jose, November 2013
- Have Tablet, Will Travel: How To Secure and Manage Mobile Solutions for Clinicians In The Wild, SANS Healthcare Cyber Security Summit, San Francisco, October 2013 (with Ed Elliott)
- Lessons Learned from Mobile Deployment of EMR, 4th Annual mHealth World Congress, Boston, July 2012
- EHR To Go: Opportunities and Challenges of Mobile EHR Deployment, CHIME College Live, (virtual session with College of Healthcare Information Management Executives members), May 2012 (with Ed Elliott)
- Privacy and Data Security Challenges with Mobile Technology (panel), iHT2 Health IT Summit, Atlanta, April 2012
- EHR To Go: Opportunities and Challenges of Mobile EHR Deployment, HIMSS12 Annual Conference, Las Vegas, February 2012 (with Ed Elliott)
- Mobile Devices in Healthcare - A Case Study, Mobile Computing Summit, Burlingame, CA, June 2011
- Securing a Mobile Deployment, IT Roadmap Conference and Expo, San Francisco, December 2009
- Understanding the Role of the Midmarket CIO in the Decision Team for Strategic Technology Investments (panel), TechTarget Online ROI Summit, San Francisco, October 2008
- Using the Learner-Centered Approach for Clinical Systems User Training, HIMSS AsiaPac08 Conference, Hong Kong, May 2008 (with Annette Caneda)
- Ready, Set, Change! Change Management Before the Project Begins, HIMSS08 Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, February 2008
- Midmarket IT Leadership Panel, CIO Decisions Conference, Carlsbad, CA, June 2007
- Organizational Readiness for Healthcare System Implementations, HIMSS AsiaPac07 Conference, Singapore, May 2007